A weekend in SA

If it has anything to do with wine, we want to know about it!

A weekend in SA

Postby waiters friend » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:56 am

G'day

I'm going to be in Glenelg for most of the last week in March, and I am considering staying for the weekend. Of course, that means getting out of Adelaide and spending time in one of the SA wine regions. But which one?

I will exclude the Clare Valley up front - I love the place, but have been there twice in recent years, and the Riesling count in the cellar exceeds 200, and I don't need any more. Possibly not Coonawarra either due to the drive (it's really an overnighter at this stage, unless I can stay Monday as well)

I've not really visited the Eden Valley (note Riesling comment above) but have been to Barossa, and McLaren Vale, although many years ago. And I have explored the Adelaide Hills to some extent, but could always learn more. This could be the place to try again.

More to the point, any suggestions on where to stay (I am likely to be travelling alone, although I hope to change that :)) and where to eat would be most welcome.

Cheers
Allan
waiters friend
Executive Vinophile

Re: A weekend in SA

Postby grog » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello Allan
I am from Melbourne so can't give any amazing local knowledge of SA. However I am fond of the Chinese restaurants near the Adelaide market, especially Ying Chow. Not too flash but their tea smoked duck is wonderful. As chance would have it we are doing a road trip through coonawarra, the barossa and Port Lincoln in a few weeks so I share your interest for places to eat and visit.
Cheers
Peter
grog

Return to World Of Wine